Check out these fun Halloween events!
Barktoberfest at Quiet Waters Park
Broward County’s Barktoberfest is back at the new and improved Splash Adventure Water Park within Quiet Waters Park. Pooch & Hooch is the approved cocktail bar shaking up some beverages for the humans while the furry best friends enjoy the amenities of the doggy water park and other pet related vendors. Activities run from 9am to 5pm and include doggie splash time, rescue and nonprofit groups, adoptions, a doggie market place, kids activities and a doggie costume contest.
- When: October 6, 9am-5pm
- Where: Splash Adventure Water Park at Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Rd., Deerfield Beach
- Cost: Admission is free, although some activities may entail nominal fees, and there is a $5/dog fee for 50-minute sessions in the water. Only dogs weighing 25 pounds or less will be permitted for the first session, starting at 9am. The park’s regular weekend and holiday gate entrance fee of $1.50/person (children 5 and under free) will be in effect.
Third Annual Trunk or Treat at the Pink Church
This family event features decorated trunks of candy for trunk or treating, a fire truck, rides on the FUNTrain, laser tag, a rock wall, bungee trampoline, haunted house, escape room, games and a raffle. There will be a cash prize for best decorated trunk. Businesses are welcome to participate in the trunk competition.
Local businesses can participate as a trunk station for free. Businesses are instructed to use a car, truck, delivery vehicle or tent decorated in a family-friendly Halloween theme. Businesses should provide enough candy, coupons, cookies or treats for approximately 200 children. Vehicles or tents must be in place by 5pm. All donations are tax deductible.
Individuals and businesses are also invited to be a game host for one of the carnival style games. Participation is free. Game hosts should arrive by 5pm.
To register as a game host or trunker, please visit the website.
- When: October 12; trunk decorating begins at 5pm; judging begins at 5:45pm; trunk or treating begins at 6pm.
- Where: The Pink Church, 2331 NE 26 Ave., Pompano Beach
- Cost: If purchased in advance, activity wristbands are as follows: $30 for the “Green Go Anywhere” bands and $20 for the “Red Toddler/Preschooler” bands. Tickets can be purchased on the website. Prices will increase at the door. If you purchase your wristbands or raffle tickets ahead of time, you can pick them up from 8am to 12pm on Friday, October 11 at the church office. Or, pick up your tickets at the will-call table at the event anytime after 5:30pm.
Deerfield Beach’s Fifth Annual Fall Festival
The Fifth Annual Deerfield Beach Fall Festival is fun for the entire family. Pick out the perfect pumpkin from the patch, enjoy live entertainment, make crafts at the kids art tent, listen to a storyteller, jump in a bounce house, partake in hay rides and devour tasty treats. This year Altered Roots Band and Uproot Hootenanny will play on the main stage at 4pm and 5:30pm respectively, followed by a viewing of Hocus Pocus at 7:15pm. (times subject to change).
- When: October 19, 4pm-8:30pm
- Where: Pioneer Park, 217 NE Fifth Ave., Deerfield Beach
- Cost: Free
- Parking: A complimentary shuttle will run from the Middle School Athletic Complex at 501 SE Sixth Ave. to Pioneer Park at 217 NE Fifth Ave. The shuttle will run continuously from 3:30pm to 9pm.
For more information visit the website or contact the Community Events and Outreach Division at 954-480-4429.
Boo Bash at the Sample-McDougald House
Come join your community for an un-boo-lievable time at this year’s City of Pompano Beach’s Boo Bash at the Sample-McDougald House. Fun activities will include a carnival, inflatable rides, stage performers, a witchy fortune teller, fall pumpkin patch, toddler zone, DJ and dancing area, haunted trail and some wicked awesome games. Attendees are encouraged to dress in their best costume.
- When: October 25, 5pm-9pm; costume contest at 8pm
- Where: Sample-McDougald House, 450 NE Tenth St., Pompano Beach
- Cost: Free
Contact 954-786-4111 for more information.
Boca Pumpkin Patch Festival
The Boca Pumpkin Patch Festival is back. The festival will feature a variety of fun, fall activities including a pumpkin patch with 2,500 pumpkins to pick from, carnival rides, a cornstalk maze, dress-your-own scarecrow village, and tons of beautiful photo vignettes to capture a perfect Autumn family photo. Attendees can also decorate pumpkins right on-site, as well as enjoy savory and sweet pumpkin delights in the pumpkin food court. This year there will also be a pumpkin beer bar.
- When: Saturday and Sunday, October 19 & 20, 10am-6pm
- Where: Mizner Park Amphitheater, 590 Plaza Real, Boca Raton
- Cost: General admission is $20 and includes unlimited carnival ride wristband and access to all fall attractions. Food and pumpkins not included. Children under two are free.
For more information, visit the website.
A Midsummer Night’s Scream at Oceans234
Spend the evening in a dark forest amidst twisted fairies and contorted creatures as you delve into A Midsummer Night’s Scream. This Halloween inspired event will feature a DJ, complimentary photos, costume contest and drink specials by the beach at Oceans234. The main dining room of the restaurant will be cleared of tables to make room for the dance floor and party, which goes until closing time at 2am. Dinner reservations are available on the outside patio. The kitchen closes at 11pm.
- When: October 26; drinks and dancing from 9pm to close (2am); dinner served on the patio until 11pm.
- Where: Oceans234, 234 N. Ocean Blvd., Deerfield Beach
- Cost: Attendance is free. Drinks and food for purchase. Reservations for dinner are recommended. Visit the website.
Halloween at Dan Witt Park
Costumes, candy and fun — oh my!
- When: Thursday, October 24, 6pm-8pm; Costume contest starts at 6:30pm sharp.
- Where: Dan Witt Park, 4521 NE 22nd Ave., Lighthouse Point
- Cost: Free
Studio54 Halloween Party for a Cause at the Seminole Coconut Creek
In the late 1970s, at the peak of the disco dancing and music trend, Studio 54 created a legendary dance club famous for its celebrity guest list and social scene. This October, the Seminole Casino Coconut Creek will recreate the magic of the iconic Studio 54 and transport guests back to the disco era for the Selfless Love Foundation’s annual Halloween Party for a Cause benefit.
Live entertainment will be performed by The Original Studio 54 Band. There will be an open bar featuring Patrón and Grey Goose specialty cocktails and catering by Seminole Casino Coconut Creek. The Selfless Love Foundation is a nonprofit committed to helping foster children.
- When: October 19, 7pm-11pm
- Where: Seminole Coconut Creek, 5550 NW 40th St., Coconut Creek
- Cost: Tickets are $150 per person
Call 954-372-7760 or visit Selfless Love Foundation for more information
A trick or treat Halloween stroll geared to kids pre-k to fifth grade. Lauderdale-By-The-Sea’s small business community will host the event, offering lots of treats and decorations.
- When: October 26, 3pm-6pm
- Where: The west commercial business district plazas: Sea Fan, Eagle Ray, Parrotfish, Green Turtle Plazas.
Trunk or Treat at Emma Lou Olsen Civic Center
Trunk or treaters will have a blast going from trunk to trunk, collecting candy from vehicle owners who have decorated their vehicles for Halloween. Trunkers will be asked to decorate their trunk, tailgate, or hatchback and provide candy to the treaters. The Pompano Beach Parks and Recreation department will provide music and outdoor games. Vehicle registration is free for this event, however, all registrations are due by Wednesday, October 23rd.
- When: October 27, 3pm-6pm
- Where: Emma Lou Olson Civic Center West Banquet Parking Lot, 1081 NE Sixth St., Pompano Beach
- Cost: Free
For more information and to register as a trunker, please call 954-786-4594.
Boo Bash at Pompano Citi Centre
Pompano Citi Centre is calling all little witches, ghosts, princesses and superheroes to join for a Halloween Bash. On Thursday, October 31st, children ages 10 and under are invited to come dressed in their best costumes to enjoy a magical Wizard Show.
Halloween themed craft activities and giveaways begin at 5pm and candy will be handed out at the Pompano Citi Centre table. Adult supervision is required, and masks are only allowed on children under 10 years old and may be worn during event hours only.
- When: October 31, 5pm-7pm
- Where: Pompano Citi Centre, 1955 N. Federal Highway, Pompano Beach
- Cost: Admission is free. Ride the carousel during this event for only $1.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_gallery interval=”3″ images=”9348,9347,9349″ img_size=”full”][/vc_column][/vc_row]