CATCH UP NOW: Don’t Miss Any Top Pompano Beach/Deerfield Beach News Stories
In case you missed them, read our top-trending Pompano Beach, Deerfield Beach and Lighthouse Point news stories this past week.
HERE ARE OUR TOP RECENT POMPANO BEACH, DEERFIELD BEACH, LIGHTHOUSE POINT AND LAUDERDALE-BY-THE-SEA NEWS STORIES…
- POMPANO BEACH A1A PARKING LOT MAY BECOME HOTEL, SUPERMARKET & GARAGE. The City of Pompano Beach has revealed potential plans to build a 750-space public parking garage, a 300-room hotel and a beach grocery store on the site of the Oceanside parking just east of Sands Harbor Marina. Read more about the vision and what progress has been made by the Planning and Zoning Board thus far to make it a reality HERE.
1 DEAD, 1 INJURED IN POMPANO BEACH FIREWORKS ACCIDENTS This Fourth of July two major accidents caused by fireworks resulted in one fatality and one major injury. Find out the details HERE.
- PROPOSED HOTEL PROPERTY IN LAUDERDALE-BY-THE-SEA SPARKS CONTROVERSY: At a Lauderdale-By-The-Sea City Commission workshop potential buyers of the long deserted Holiday Inn hotel site presented a proposal which included the possibility of closing a part of El Mar Drive to build a larger resort facility. Public reactions were fiery. Read more & see pictures of the potential plan HERE.
- POMPANO BEACH MAY GET A NEW $96 MILLION CITY HALL: The Pompano Beach City Commission passed a resolution to appropriate $9.6 million from the City’s Building Permit Fund for the construction of a proposed new Pompano Beach City Hall, which would cost a total of $96 million. Read more HERE.
- IGUANAS! IGUANAS! IGUANAS! WHAT TO DO ABOUT THOSE PESKY CREATURES You see them everywhere you look, whether you live in Pompano Beach, Deerfield Beach, Lighthouse Point or Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. What should you do about them?
- POMPANO BEACH’S ESTHER ROLLE: 5 THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW “Good Times” actress Esther Rolle was born right here in Pompano Beach. Find out five things you might not know about the television star and her upbringing in Pompano Beach HERE.
- YOUR GUIDE TO LOCAL RESTAURANTS We have been actively compiling a comprehensive list of local restaurants in Pompano Beach, Deerfield Beach, Lighthouse Point, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea and north Fort Lauderdale. In addition, we have been posting more restaurant stories and pictures than ever. This guide links you to those, too. Consult this guide whenever your stomach starts growling, HERE.
- POMPANO BEACH ATLANTIC ONE PROJECT GETS NEXT GREEN LIGHT IN SPITE OF NEIGHBOR CONCERNS: The Pompano Beach Planning and Zoning Board, at its meeting on June 26, approved in a 5-2 vote the site plan for Atlantic One, a mixed-use (residential and commercial) project. The project is controversial. Find out why HERE.
- POMPANO BEACH FISHING PIER WILL BE RENAMED: The Pompano Beach City Commission has voted to give the new Pompano Beach Fishing Pier a new name. Find out the new name HERE.
- NEW AXE-THROWING BAR OPENS IN POMPANO BEACH: The Axe Throwing Society — a 5,400-square-foot sports bar and axe-throwing facility at 1301 W. Copans Rd. in Pompano Beach — has opened. Read more HERE.
- DEATH OF LIGHTHOUSE POINT RESIDENT RESULTS IN ANTI-HAZING “ANDREW’S LAW”: Local Lighthouse Point resident Andrew Coffey died as a result of a fraternity hazing incident at FSU in 2017. After two years of continuous effort by his family and others, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed “Andrew’s Law” this week, strengthening Florida’s existing anti-hazing statute. Read more HERE.
This story was prepared by our Pompano Beach/Deerfield Beach news desk with additional information from various public sources and other websites.
For more Pompano Beach news and things to do in Pompano Beach read Pompano! magazine and search our website.
For more Deerfield Beach news and events information you can go to our website and read our publication, Deerfield Beach Magazine.