PICTURES: THE PROPOSED HOTEL PROPERTY IN LAUDERDALE-BY-THE-SEA
Hotel in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea: At a Commission Workshop on Monday night, potential buyers of the property shared their vision for the long deserted Holiday Inn hotel site. The proposal includes the possibility of closing a part of El Mar Drive to build a larger resort facility, which met with some concern from many who attended the meeting.
The properties in question contain two long vacated hotels in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. These are 4116 Ocean Drive (former Holiday Inn) and 4108 and 4110 El Mar Drive (former Villa Caprice). They are located are on opposite sides of El Mar Drive, at the south end of the street.
>>READ ALL ABOUT THE PLANNING MEETING- THE PRESENTATION AND CONCERNS
LBTS Mayor Chris Vincent ended the meeting on a conciliatory note reminding that this was just a preliminary presentation and that he expected both sides would be able to work together to come up with compromises that would meet the needs of residents and Concord Wilshire.
The potential purchasers of the sites are Concord Wilshire Partners, based in Marietta, GA. According to their website, “Concord Wilshire has over 20 years of experience successfully acquiring, constructing, managing, marketing and selling residential, commercial, and hospitality assets in the Florida, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Washington DC and Southern California markets. These projects have varied in size from 10,000 square feet to over 1,000,000 square feet and in product types from office, retail, residential and industrial to special purpose facilities, such as non-profit headquarter buildings, mixed-use projects, retail gasoline and convenience stores, and cogeneration power plants utilizing various wastes as fuel.”
They have worked on many projects in Florida including the Hillcrest Golf and Country Club project in Hollywood.
The photo gallery below includes pictures/artist renderings of:
- a view from the front of the hotel on A1A
- Exhibit 1.- Site Plan
- Exhibit 2.- Proposed Vehicle and Pedestrian Circulation
- Exhibit 3.- Perspective Looking North on Ocean Drive and Palm Ave.
- Exhibit 4.- Aerial Perspective Looking West at Palm Ave.
- Exhibit 5.- Perspective Looking East on Ocean Drive.
- Exhibit 6 – Perspective View of Resort Amenity From Beach Boardwalk.
- Exhibit 7- Total Square Footage & Unit/Key Yield Study
- Exhibit 8 – Parking/Garage Plan all photos courtesy Concord Wilshire
- Current Google View (courtesy) of the hotel in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea site in question
This story was prepared by our LBTS/Pompano Beach News Desk with information provided by on-line sources.
For the latest news and things to do in Lauderdale By The Sea and Pompano Beach, go to our website.