RESTRICTIONS IN DEERFIELD BEACH FOR BOCA BASH
UPDATE; CLICK HERE TO SEE PHOTOS OF THE 2019 BOCA BASH.
The Boca Bash has become one of the biggest boating parties in the Deerfield Beach area. Participants have LOTS of fun and that gets officials from Pompano Beach to Delray Beach nervous. The 2019 event takes place this Sunday.
The fun event has blossomed into one of the big things to do in the area. It takes place the last weekend of April and is now something of a South Florida institution. When the intracoastal fills with hundreds, if not thousands, of boats, it also creates a lot of parking, traffic and BUI issues for police. Last year there was even a drowning, as the Sun-Sentinel reported.
Parking and dock closures or restrictions include: Pioneer Park Boat dock in Deerfield for Boca Bash will be closed. BSO will increase their presence at Alsdorf Park Dock, off the 14 St. Bridge in Pompano Beach. They will be keeping an eye on drunk and disorderly conduct and could close down the dock if needed. Silver Palm Park in Boca Raton will only allow boats registered with a city permit to use the dock.
According to the official Facebook page for the Boca Bash:
Things to KNOW:
• Boca Inlet is prone to constant changes in shoaling. With an east wind and outgoing tide, the inlet becomes impassible to small craft. SAFE PASSAGE REQUIRES LOCAL KNOWLEDGE.
• Lake Boca has a very shallow center, this is often blocked off by Patrol.
• The Palmetto Park Road bridge opens on the hour and on the half hour.
• The Boca Inlet Bridge opens on demand. The bridge has a relatively high clearance and typically can accommodate a sport fish without a tuna tower and with outriggers lowered
• In Florida, the BAC limit for a boat is .08 – the same as a car. For minors (under 21), the limit is .02 BAC.
• Be safe and always aware of your surroundings.
The Official Checklist:
Food & Beverage
This story was prepared by our Deerfield Beach news desk with additional information from various public sources and other websites.
For more Deerfield Beach news and events information you can go to our website and read our publication, Deerfield Beach Magazine.