Copy of 7 LOCAL NEWS ITEMS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED THIS PAST WEEK
In case you missed them, read our top-trending Pompano Beach-Deerfield Beach-Lighthouse Point news stories this past week.
HERE ARE OUR TOP POMPANO BEACH/DEERFIELD BEACH AREA NEWS STORIES THIS WEEK!…
- MIGRANTS CAUGHT COMING ASHORE IN POMPANO BEACH At least one dozen migrants were caught trying to reach the United States. The migrants allegedly travelled through the Hillsboro Inlet and into the intracoastal in Pompano Beach, where they were caught as they approached Riverside Drive in Pompano Beach HERE.
- THE LATEST ON OCEANIC & THE PIER: Find out the status of Oceanic Restaurant and the new Pompano Beach Pier HERE.
- SEMINOLE HARD ROCK’S $1.5 BILLION EXPANSION The grand opening of the $1.5 billion expansion to the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, FL has been announced. A job fair to hire for the expansion will also be hosted next week. Find out all the important details about the expansion, opening and job fair HERE.
- 34th ANNUAL LADIES FISH OFF: The 34th annual Ladies Fish Off is this weekend in Lighthouse Point and Pompano Beach. Find out what festivities will be held and where HERE.
- TRAINS SILENCED: A quiet zone has been enforced at train crossings in Deerfield Beach and Pompano Beach. In light of recent train deaths, why has the quiet zone become a reality? Find out HERE.
- 27 ARRESTED: BSO and a joint task force conducted a big gang related raid in Pompano Beach. Find out the details HERE.
- ATLANTIC BRIDGE UPDATE: See the latest on the Pompano Beach Atlantic Bridge improvement project and the art that’s making a big splash. Read it HERE.
- BONUS: CELEBRATE NATIONAL BURGER MONTH: See our top-five list of the best local hamburger restaurants in the Pompano Beach-Deerfield Beach-Lighthouse Point area. Yum! Read it HERE.
This story was prepared by our Pompano Beach/Deerfield Beach news desk with additional information from various public sources and other websites.
For more Deerfield Beach news and events information you can go to our website and read our publication, Deerfield Beach Magazine.